- The online training provides solutions to current questions.
- Our speakers have many years of practical experience and are experts in their field.
- Gain valuable program insight for increased company efficiency and decreased overhead costs.
- You have no additional costs for travel, accommodation, etc.
RFEM | Structural dynamics and earthquake design according to EC 8
Information about online training
Why an online training?
Online group training sessions provide the opportunity to gain expert knowledge and to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Dlubal programs.
Date | Time
ContentOnline basic training on earthquake design according to Eurocode 8 using the FEM static program RFEM
In this training you will learn the basics of structural dynamics and the most important verification methods for earthquake design. Using a practical example, the multi-modal response spectrum method and its implementation in RFEM and the associated modules of the RF-DYNAM Pro series is explained. Open questions can be discussed.
Price195.00 EUR net, excluding VAT
|-||Overview of possible design methods|
|-||Multi-Modal response spectrum analysis|
|-||Practical example 1: Response spectrum analysis|
|-||Dynamic actions on structures|
|-||Practical example 2: Machine induced vibrations|
Additional informationA reliable internet connection is required to participate. Basic knowledge in the use of RSTAB or RFEM is also required. The online training is carried out using RFEM with the associated add-on modules.
During the training, each participant can ask questions via chat at any time.
Each participant receives after the event:
- Training certificate
- Training presentation for download
- Used models for download
- Video recording of the training
In order to take part in the online training, the participant will receive the login information in time.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Stefan Frenzel
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Frenzel is responsible for the development of products for dynamic analysis. He also provides technical support for customers of Dlubal Software.
Stefan Hoffmann, M.Sc.
In the Customer Support Dept., Mr. Hoffmann is handling requests of our users.
Do you have any questions about a group training course? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum.
If you are interested in a specific topic not included in a group training, consider an Individual Training.Individual Training
"I have watched the webinar recording "Design of Cross-laminated Timber Panels (CLT) According to Eurocode 5" on YouTube and I am impressed by about the program and the very good presentation.
When calculating a surface model, the internal forces are determined separately for each finite element. Since the element-by-element results usually represent a discontinuous distribution, RFEM performs smoothing of the internal forces.
Definition of a load combination for the earthquake design situation (Equation 2) and the resulting axial forces.
Equivalent Loads for First Mode Shape (a) Without Stiffness Modifications from DLC1 and (b) Taking into Account Geometric Stiffness Matrix from DLC2
Calculation parameters of load cases with exported equivalent loads. The geometric stiffness matrix must also be taken into account here; normal forces are imported from CO1 for this.
- Do you provide a free viewer to open the RFEM or RSTAB files?
- Is it possible to display or export certain results over a period of time from the time history calculation in RF‑DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations?
- In RF‑/DYNAM Pro, the "From self-weight of structure" option is available in a mass case. Is it always necessary to activate this option in order to consider the dead load of the structure?
- Is the German National Annex 2021‑07 to Eurocode 8 available in RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8?
- Can I export a response spectrum from RFEM 6 and use it in RFEM 5, for example?
- How can I neglect masses in my modal analysis in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
- Where can I adjust the standardization of a mode shape in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
- How can I analyze the failure of an object, such as a column, in my modal analysis?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- How can I perform an earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
Seismic and static load analysis using multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis