We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 000258 | <p>I have a model with surfaces and members. If you display the deformations in the graphic after the calculation, the members remain in their original position.</p><p>However, the members are connected to the surfaces and member deformations are also displayed in the table. Why is that?</p>
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionI have a model with surfaces and members. If you display the deformations in the graphic after the calculation, the members remain in their original position.
However, the members are connected to the surfaces and member deformations are also displayed in the table. Why is that?
In order to avoid confusing the display, the member deformations are only displayed as lines in the default setting.
In the Project Navigator - Display, you can adjust the display so that the member deformations are also displayed as rendered cross-sections (Figure 1).
Furthermore, it is possible in the "Display" navigator to hide the undeformed model in order to only consider the deformations (Figure 2).
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have installed Rhino 7. When trying to export the model to RFEM, the data are not transferred. What do I wrong?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- I would like to import a large, curved surface from Rhino into RFEM, but I get the following error message: "Command: ExportToRFEM5. Nodes compare tolerance is set too low. You could adjust it by document units settings. Export error. Error to write data, message: Coordinate Z is out of range. Export to RFEM finished." How can I fix this error?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?
- I cannot activate an add-on module by using a Remote Desktop. Can you explain the error message to me?
- How do I display the load combination description according to an action category, such as "D, L, W," instead of "LC1, LC2, LC3"?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I edit the list of parameters by using the COM interface?