We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 003370 | I have inserted a block into a file. Now, this block has been changed in the block manager. Is it possible to automatically update the already inserted block?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionI have inserted a block into a file. Now, this block has been changed in the block manager. Is it possible to automatically update the already inserted block?
AnswerWhen inserting a block, the assignment to the block defined in the block manager is lost so it is not possible to update the already inserted block after the block is changed in the block manager. However, you can create a named visibility for this block in the detail settings of the "Insert Block" dialog box (Figure 01). In this way, you can use Project Navigator - Views afterwards (Figure 01) to quickly find this block and replace it with the updated block.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- Is it possible to calculate and design "temporary structures"? What do I need for this?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?
- I have installed Rhino 7. When trying to export the model to RFEM, the data are not transferred. What do I wrong?
- How do I display the load combination description according to an action category, such as "D, L, W," instead of "LC1, LC2, LC3"?
- I cannot activate an add-on module by using a Remote Desktop. Can you explain the error message to me?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- How can I edit the list of parameters by using the COM interface?