We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 003525 | Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionCan I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Which sorting class is the timber subject to? In a log house, unsorted damp wood is often used.
- How is the contact between the timber types controlled? Diamond notch, connection with moving timbers, and so on?
- Have mullions been installed? Which type of timber and how are they supported horizontally?
- Which dimensions does the timber have? In a log structure, a grown trunk can often be integrated. These trunks do not have uniform dimensions as the nature cannot be put into a grid.
- How is it possible to consider the contact between two timber layers?
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.