We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
CP 001162 | Four-Story Timber Structure in St. Georgen, Germany
First Steps with RFEM
Four-Story Timber Structure in St. Georgen, Germany
The EGT corporate group has built a new site in St. Georgen that is future-oriented in terms of energy efficiency and sustainability. The new four-story oval building consists mainly of timber and was constructed in just four short weeks.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
When connecting tension -loaded components with bolted connections, the cross -section weakening due to the bolt holes must be considered in the ultimate limit state design. The following article describes how the design of the tension resistance according to DIN EN 1993-1-1 can be performed with the net cross-section area of the tension member in the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module.
Visualized Planning Model of the New Plant with Pedestrian and Media Bridge (Middle) and New Factory Building (Top) (© Engineering Office Grassl GmbH)
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I can't import the cross-section from the dxf file into the SHAPE-THIN program correctly, the cross-section is drawn to the wrong plane when importing. What can I do?
- I would like to calculate and design "Temporary Structures". What do I need for this?
- How can I create a twisted beam in RFEM?
- I have installed Rhino 7. When trying to export the model to RFEM, the data are not transferred. What do I wrong?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?
- I would like to import a large, curved surface from Rhino into RFEM, but I get the following error message: "Command: ExportToRFEM5. Nodes compare tolerance is set too low. You could adjust it by document units settings. Export error. Error to write data, message: Coordinate Z is out of range. Export to RFEM finished." How can I fix this error?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- I cannot activate an add-on module by using a Remote Desktop. Can you explain the error message to me?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?