Plate and Shell Modeling in RFEM - Part 1
Free Online Seminar
- Introduction to RFEM and RF-LAMINATE add-on module
- Analysis of CLT structure
- Design of CLT structure per CSA O86:14
- Tips for optimal modeling
|01:49||Review of initial structure geometry and loading in RFEM|
|08:45||CLT input data in RF-LAMINATE|
|29:18||Application of "line releases" and "line hinges"|
|42:05||Analysis and design of CLT panels according to CSA O86:14|
|45:55||Addressing FEA singularities with "FE mesh refinements" and "average regions"|
|54:58||Review of additional results including members and joints|
Amy Heilig, PE
CEO - USA Office
Sales & Technical Support Engineer
Amy Heilig is the CEO of the USA office located in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, she provides sales and technical support and continues to aid in the development of Dlubal Software programs for the North American market.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
When designing many members in one design case, it is sometimes difficult to recognize the governing designs. To improve the overview and to display the relevant designs in a compact way, you can use the filter options under the result tables. These are included in all design modules of steel, aluminum and timber structures in RFEM and RSTAB.
Shear Stiffness of Plate (top), Shear Stiffness in x-Direction (middle), Shear Stiffness in y-Direction (bottom)
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Timber-Timber to Timber | Design of direct timber connections according to Eurocode 5
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER SANS | Design of members made of timber according to SANS 10163 (South African standard)
- General stress analysis
- Graphical and numerical results of stresses and stress ratios fully integrated in RFEM
- Flexible design with different layer compositions
- High efficiency due to few entries required
- Flexibility due to detailed setting options for calculation basis and extent
- Based on the selected material model and the layers contained, a local overall stiffness matrix of the surface in RFEM is generated. The following material models are available:
- Hybrid (for combinations of material models)
- Option to save frequently used layer structures in a database
- Determination of basic, shear and equivalent stresses
- In addition to the basic stresses, the required stresses according to DIN EN 1995-1-1 and the interaction of those stresses are available as results.
- Stress analysis for structural parts of almost any shape
- Equivalent stresses calculated according to different approaches:
- Shape modification hypothesis (von Mises)
- Maximum shear stress criterion (Tresca)
- Maximum principal stress criterion (Rankine)
- Principal strain criterion (Bach)
- Calculation of transversal shear stresses according to Mindlin, Kirchhoff, or user-defined specifications
- Serviceability limit state design by checking surface displacements
- User-defined specifications of limit deflections
- Possibility to consider layer coupling
- Detailed results of individual stress components and ratios in tables and graphics
- Results of stresses for each layer in the model
- Parts list of designed surfaces
- Possible coupling of layers entirely without shear
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the error that says torsion limit exceeded. How do I bypass this error message?
- Why is the strength always reduced by the kmod value of 0.6 during the calculation in the RF‑LAMINATE add‑on module, although I have load combinations with variable loads?
- Can I consider a reduction of the stiffness according to the German regulation NCI NA.5.9 in TIMBER Pro?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get the error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- Is it possible to design the support pressure or the compression perpendicular to the grain in RX‑TIMBER?
- After the design with RF‑/TIMBER Pro, I optimized a cross-section. Why is the utilization of the optimized cross-section exceeded now?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Deflection analysis and stress design of laminate and sandwich surfaces