ACI 318-14 Concrete Column and Beam Design in RFEM
Free Online Seminar
- Modeling, loading, and analysis of a concrete structure in RFEM
- ACI 318-14 strength & serviceability design with the add‑on modules RF‑CONCRETE Members and RF‑CONCRETE Columns
- Longitudinal, shear, and torsional reinforcement design
|01:20||Concept of RFEM and RF‑CONCRETE Members/Columns add-on modules|
|02:35||Structural analysis and design in RFEM|
|10:15||RF‑CONCRETE Members - ACI design of reinforced concrete members and beams|
|44:10||Slenderness and curvature effects - compression members|
|48:05||RF‑CONCRETE Columns - ACI design of reinforced concrete columns|
Amy Heilig, PE
CEO - USA Office
Sales & Technical Support Engineer
Amy Heilig is the CEO of the USA office located in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, she provides sales and technical support and continues to aid in the development of Dlubal Software programs for the North American market.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
In the case of using the slow‑curing concrete (usually for thick components), you can reduce the calculated minimum reinforcement by a factor of 0.85 to apply the load due to restraint, according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Section 7.3.2.
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
Is it possible to specify shrinkage effects as loads?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The four plates, identically loaded, show different negative moments at the point of support. Is this a mistake?
- How is the static depth d calculated in the bending design of block foundations (calculation as equivalent beams)?
- Is it possible to set parameters for shrinkage and creep calculation in RF-CONCRETE Members?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. As soon as I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- When should the punching load be determined with the (un)smoothed distribution of the shear forces at the critical perimeter?