FAQ 004238 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- I am trying to manually check the deformations from the CRANEWAY add-on module. However, I obtain great deviations. How to explain the differences?
- How can I model and design a crane runway girder with Dlubal Software?
- Is it possible to design intermittent welds in the CRANEWAY add-on module?
- Is it necessary to enter the loads of a crane for each axle or wheel in the table of crane loads in Window 1.4?
- I would like to use the CRANEWAY add-on module to design a suspension crane. Where are the design points 0, 1, and 2 for the stress analysis on the bottom flange and for the fatigue design?
- Where can I change the steel grade of a crane girder? Although I have set Steel St 37.2 in RSTAB, but S235 is only used for the calculation in CRANEWAY.
- How is it possible to optimize the calculation time in CRANEWAY?
- Does the fatigue design in CRANEWAY also consider welded stiffeners?
- When doing a calculation, I activated the 'Detailed Calculation' option. Have the support loads already been specified with the reduced dynamic coefficient for dimensioning the substructure?
- What do the abbreviations for the crane loads in the CRANEWAY Add-on Module mean?