FAQ 004365 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- What is the difference between SHAPE‑THIN 9 and SHAPE‑THIN 8?
My member is oriented at the inclination of principal axis when I import from SHAPE-THIN to a 2D RFEM model. How do I fix this?
How can I find overlapping elements and revise the modeling?
- After installing SHAPE-THIN, I receive Error 1000: Error in Material Library. How do I resolve this?
- The authorization fails when starting the program. It seems that the dongle is damaged. What can I do?
- When calculating a cross-section in SHAPE‑THIN, I get the error message that Fy is not positive.
- After calculating the cross-section data, an ellipse is displayed in the cross-section. In addition to the coordinate system, there are wide lines displayed above the x- and y-axis. Which displays are we talking about here? How can I deactivate it?
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- In which drawing plane must a cross-section be drawn in a CAD application so that it can be imported into SHAPE‑THIN using the dxf import?
- The installation of a Dlubal Software program is not possible due to the following message: "Program unsafe, protection by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen." How can I install the program?