FAQ 004875 EN
- Technical Article | Load Combinations in Timber Structures for European and American Timber Standards
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER AWC | Design of members made of timber according to ANSI/AWC NDS-2015 (US standard)
- Which Dlubal Software programs can I use to calculate and design timber structures?
- How can I change the language in the RX‑TIMBER add-on module?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
Timber design of single-span and wide-span glulam beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of flat, monopitch and duopitch roofs according to Eurocode 5
Timber design of simple, continuous and Gerber beams with or without cantilever according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of coupled purlins and continuous beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of three-hinged frames with finger joint connections according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of rectangular and circular columns according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of stiffening truss bracing according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052