RF-/JOINTS Steel - Column Base | Features
- Simple column base
- Tapered column base
- Column base plate for rectangular hollow sections
- Column base plate for circular hollow sections
Restraint Column Footing category provides five different joint layouts of I-sections:
- Base plate without stiffening
- Base plate with stiffeners in center of flanges
- Base plate with stiffeners on both sides of column
- Base plate with channel sections on both sides of column and web members
- Bucket footing
All connection types include a base plate welded around a steel column. Connections with anchors are set in concrete within the foundation. You can select anchors types M12 – M42 with steel grades of 4.6 – 10.9. The top and bottom side of anchors can be provided with round or angled sheets for a better load distribution or anchorage. In addition, you can use rectangular or circular anchor heads with threads applied at the member ends.
Material and thickness of the grout layer as well as the dimensions and material of the footing can be set freely. Furthermore, you can define edge reinforcement of the footing. For a better transfer of shear forces, it is possible to arrange a shear key (cleat) on the bottom side of the base plate.
Shear forces are transferred by a cleat, anchors, or by friction. You can combine the individual components.