Display of Topology on Deformed Structure
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
Membrane Roof and Cable Net Structures, Deformation Animation in RFEM with RF-FORM-FINDING Add-on Module.
Compared to the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module (RFEM 5), the following new features have been added to the Form-Finding add-on for RFEM 6:
- Specification of all form-finding load boundary conditions in one load case
- Storage of form-finding results as initial state for further model analysis
- Automatic assignment of the form-finding initial state via combination wizards to all load situations of a design situation
- Additionally form-finding geometry boundary conditions for members (unstressed length, maximum vertical sag, low-point vertical sag)
- Additional form-finding load boundary conditions for members (maximum force in member, minimum force in member, horizontal tension component, tension at i-end, tension at j-end, minimum tension at i-end, minimum tension at j-end)
- Material type "Fabric" and "Foil" in material library
- Parallel form-findings in one model
- Simulation of sequentially building form-finding states in connection with the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) Add-On
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF-FORM-FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- A cable structure model created in RFEM 5.13 cannot be calculated in the current version of the program. The program displays a message that "Stiffness matrix is singular," although it could be calculated in the original version. How can I fix this?
- How is it possible to create the cutting pattern geometry for a decorative sticker on a biaxially curved membrane roof?
- Why does the form-finding not work for the "Cable on Pulleys" member type?
- How are the properties of the elasticity and shear modulus of a membrane fabric with the usual force/length syntax transformed into the general force/surface syntax to be entered in RFEM?
- I cannot define the prestress separately for warp and weft in RF‑FORM‑FINDING. How can I activate it?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures