Display of Topology on Deformed Structure
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
The RF‑FORM‑FINDING add‑on module can be activated in the ‘Edit Model - General Data’ window, ‘Options’ tab. By activating the module, a new RF‑FORM‑FINDING load case is created and an additional menu appears in the main program, allowing for the definition of prestress conditions for membrane and cable elements.
The form-finding function can be activated in the General Data dialog box, Options tab. Prestresses (or geometrical requirements for members) can be defined in the parameters for surfaces and members. The form‑finding process is performed by calculation of an RF‑FORM‑FINDING case.Steps of the working sequence:
- Creation of a model in RFEM (surfaces, beams, cables, supports, material definition, etc.)
- Setting of required prestress for membranes and force or length/sag for members (e.g. cable)
- Optional consideration of other loads for the form-finding process in special form‑finding load cases (self‑weight, pressure, steel node weight, etc.)
- Setting of loads and load combinations for further structural analyses
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- A cable structure model created in RFEM 5.13 cannot be calculated in the current version of the program. The program displays a message that "Stiffness matrix is singular," although it could be calculated in the original version. How can I fix this?
- How is it possible to create the cutting pattern geometry for a decorative sticker on a biaxially curved membrane roof?
- Why does the form-finding not work for the "Cable on Pulleys" member type?
- How are the properties of the elasticity and shear modulus of a membrane fabric with the usual force/length syntax transformed into the general force/surface syntax to be entered in RFEM?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF-FORM-FINDING calculation. What went wrong?
- I cannot define the prestress separately for warp and weft in RF‑FORM‑FINDING. How can I activate it?
- How can I influence the sag of the found shape in RF‑FORM‑FINDING?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures