Biomass Boiler House in Kočevje, Slovenia
Due to the new technological demands, the investor Melamin d.d. Kočevje decided to replace the old steam boiler on fossil fuel (Đuro Đakovič, No. 5356) with the new one in the total power of 9.8 MW.
The new system for the production of steam consists of a biomass storage, a transport and delivery system for woodchips, a steam boiler and an ashes collector.
The project was demanding from the technological and design point of view. The construction was also demanding since it took place during the operation of the existing boiler (Loos, No. 61428). The old boiler is currently used for the temporary steam production, while in the future, it will only be used as a backup.
The structure of the main building of the boiler house is made of steel and enclosed with metal facade panels. The main building is 22.58 m long, 12.75 m wide and 15.07 m high. There are two extensions connected to the main building of the boiler house.
The length of the first one is 15.06 m and its width is 4.60 m. The length of the second one is 22.58 m and its width is 4.70 m. The main building has another extension with dimensions of 20.51 m x 2.60 m, used for a conveyor belt for biomass. This building is also covered with metal facade panels and serves as a connection between the main building and the woodchips storage.
The biomass storage facility is made of reinforced concrete. It is 33.26 m long and 10.70 m wide. Next to the biomass storage facility there is also a liquid fuel storage for the existing boiler (Loos, No. 61428), a command room and an electrical room.
The interior of the boiler house contains a load-bearing steel structure used for the installation of technological equipment for the new boiler.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of natural frequencies and mode shapes
RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Plate Buckling Analysis for Plates with or Without Stiffeners According to 1993-1-5
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
Extension of the RF-/STEEL Warping Erosion module | Lateral -torsional buckling analyzes of members according to the second -order theory with 7 degrees of freedom
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TOWER effective lengths | Determination of effective lengths of lattice towers
RFEM add-on module RF-CONCRETE NL | Nonlinear reinforced concrete calculation for the serviceability limit state
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
RF-/DYNAM Pro-Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of Natural Frequencies and Mode Shapes
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/STEEL BS | Design of steel members according to BS 5950 or BS EN 1993-1-1
RFEM add-on module RF-LOAD-HISTORY | Consideration of plastic deformations from previous load conditions
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- Is it possible to design bidirectional ribbed plates, unidirectional ribbed plates, or hollow core slabs in RFEM?
- I get the message that my material does not meet the requirements of the current standard. How can I correct this?
- Why are the values of a column base, head or center on the individual columns only displayed partially for the results from the calculation in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- I am trying to manually check the deformations from the CRANEWAY add-on module. However, I obtain great deviations. How to explain the differences?
- What should be considered when using a failure of columns under tension in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro – Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- Why is there no stability analysis displayed in the results despite the activation of the stability analysis in RF‑/STEEL EC3?
- How can I model and design a crane runway girder with Dlubal Software?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- Why do I get large differences for the design of a longitudinally stiffened buckling panel in comparison with the German and Austrian National Annex?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements