Biomass Boiler House in Kočevje, Slovenia
Due to the new technological demands, the investor Melamin d.d. Kočevje decided to replace the old steam boiler on fossil fuel (Đuro Đakovič, No. 5356) with the new one in the total power of 9.8 MW.
The new system for the production of steam consists of a biomass storage, a transport and delivery system for woodchips, a steam boiler and an ashes collector.
The project was demanding from the technological and design point of view. The construction was also demanding since it took place during the operation of the existing boiler (Loos, No. 61428). The old boiler is currently used for the temporary steam production, while in the future, it will only be used as a backup.
The structure of the main building of the boiler house is made of steel and enclosed with metal facade panels. The main building is 22.58 m long, 12.75 m wide and 15.07 m high. There are two extensions connected to the main building of the boiler house.
The length of the first one is 15.06 m and its width is 4.60 m. The length of the second one is 22.58 m and its width is 4.70 m. The main building has another extension with dimensions of 20.51 m x 2.60 m, used for a conveyor belt for biomass. This building is also covered with metal facade panels and serves as a connection between the main building and the woodchips storage.
The biomass storage facility is made of reinforced concrete. It is 33.26 m long and 10.70 m wide. Next to the biomass storage facility there is also a liquid fuel storage for the existing boiler (Loos, No. 61428), a command room and an electrical room.
The interior of the boiler house contains a load-bearing steel structure used for the installation of technological equipment for the new boiler.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements