ADM 2015 Aluminum Structure Design in RFEM
Free Online Seminar
- Features of RF-ALUMINUM ADM and SHAPE-THIN
- Import of custom thin-walled section from SHAPE-THIN to RFEM
- Modeling, loading, and analysis of an aluminum structure in RFEM
- Design of members in RF-ALUMINUM ADM according to ADM 2015
|04:22||Custom extruded section with .dxf import in SHAPE-THIN|
|11:26||Modeling, loading, and analysis of aluminum structure in RFEM|
|45:06||Aluminum member design per the ADM 2015 in RF-ALUMINUM ADM|
Amy Heilig, PE
CEO - USA Office
Sales & Technical Support Engineer
Amy Heilig is the CEO of the USA office located in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, she provides sales and technical support and continues to aid in the development of Dlubal Software programs for the North American market.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
The Aluminum Design Manual (ADM) 2020 was released in February 2020. The ADM 2020 gives guidance for both the allowable strength design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD) for aluminum members to ensure reliability and safety for all aluminum structures.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- In connection with the calculation according to the large deformation analysis, I get significantly smaller deformations than for the calculation according to the linear static or second-order analysis. How is this possible?
- I have performed a buckling analysis in RF-ALUMINUM. Where can I find the parameters that the module uses for the design?
- I would like to calculate the results, such as ordinates, static moments, stresses, at a specific location of a cross-section. What should I do?
- How can I calculate stresses in SHAPE‑THIN?
- Is it possible to use a cross-section from SHAPE‑THIN 9 in older versions of RFEM or RSTAB?
- It is not possible to design a SHAPE‑THIN cross-section due to invalid symmetry. What is the cause and how can I fix it?
Design of aluminum members according to the American standards ADM 2010 and ADM 2015
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements