FAQ 004119 EN-US
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Shear Rigidity of Plate (top), Shear Rigidity in x-Direction (middle), Shear Rigidity in y-Direction (bottom)
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- What does the "Calculate grid points result values for graphics" option set?
- Is it possible to perform a detailed analysis of connections, supports, or reinforcements of cross‑laminated timber plates in RF‑LAMINATE?
- Does the RF‑LAMINATE program consider the shear correction factor for cross-laminated timber plates?
- In spite of having defined average regions, they are not considered in the design in RF‑LAMINATE Surfaces. Which setting did I overlook?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The information about the limit time for the fire resistance design R in the RF‑TIMBER Pro add-on module is missing in the printout report. Is it posssible to add this information to the printout report?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?