FAQ 004119 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Shear Stiffness of Plate (top), Shear Stiffness in x-Direction (middle), Shear Stiffness in y-Direction (bottom)
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- What does the "Calculate grid points result values for graphics" option set?
- Is it possible to perform a detailed analysis of connections, supports, or reinforcements of cross‑laminated timber plates in RF‑LAMINATE?
- Does the RF‑LAMINATE program consider the shear correction factor for cross-laminated timber plates?
- In spite of having defined average regions, they are not considered in the design in RF‑LAMINATE Surfaces. Which setting did I overlook?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?