Consideration of Eccentric Wheel Load Application for Weld Design in ULS
The eccentric wheel load application of 1/4 of the rail head width has to be considered only for fatigue design from damage class S3 according to DIN EN 1993‑6. An additional input option in detail settings allows you to consider this eccentricity for fatigue design at the ultimate limit state as well. By selecting this option, the design with the eccentric load applied is always considered without regard to the damage class.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- Craneway and weld stress analysis
- Craneways and weld fatigue design
- Deformation analysis
- Plate buckling analysis for wheel load introduction
- Stability analysis for lateral torsional buckling according to the second-order analysis of torsional buckling (1D FEA element)
For the design according to Eurocode 3 the following National Annexes are available:
- DIN EN 1993-6/NA:2010-12 (Germany)
- NBN EN 1993-6/ANB:2011-03 (Belgium)
- SFS EN 1993-6/NA:2010-03 (Finland)
- NF EN 1993-6/NA:2011-12 (France)
- UNI EN 1993-6/NA:2011-02 (Italy)
- LST EN 1993-6/NA:2010-12 (Lithuania)
- NEN EN 1993-6/NB:2012-05 (The Netherlands)
- NS EN 1993-6/NA:2010-01 (Norway)
- SS EN 1993-6/NA:2011-04 (Sweden)
- CSN EN 1993-6/NA:2010-03 (Czech Republic)
- BS EN 1993-6/NA:2009-11 (United Kingdom)
- CYS EN 1993-6/NA:2009-03 (Cyprus)
In addition to the National Annexes (NA) listed above, you can also define a specific NA, applying user-defined limit values and parameters.
- How can I optimize the calculation time in CRANEWAY?
- Where can I find the determined support forces for the crane runway girder? At the bottom flange of the crane runway girder or in the shear center of the cross-section?
- Is it possible to manually adjust detail categories or a stress cycle of the detail categories?
- How can I obtain internal forces, calculated in CRANEWAY, for a special x-location?
- How can I consider a sway bracing in CRANEWAY?
- How can I model and design a crane runway girder with Dlubal Software?
- I am trying to manually check the deformations from the CRANEWAY add-on module. However, I obtain great deviations. How to explain the differences?
- Is it possible to design intermittent welds in the CRANEWAY add-on module?
- Is the load on beams correct when transferring the data of the crane data sheet to CRANEWAY with the correct sign?
- Is it necessary to enter the loads of a crane for each axle or wheel in the table of crane loads in Window 1.4?