- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Useful Program Features
Dlubal Software programs and add-on modules include a wide range of powerful features.
Since our software is subject to continuous development, we are constantly adding new features. In doing so, we also take account of our customers' wishes.
Why Dlubal Software?
Torsional Design in RF-LAMINATEIn the RF-LAMINATE add-on module for RFEM, the design of torsional shear stresses is possible in the superposition of net and gross cross-section values. The design is effected separately each in x- and y-direction. The loadings of the intersection points of cross-laminated timber panels are designed.
RF-LAMINATE | Results
After the calculation, the maximum stresses, stress ratios, and displacements are displayed by load case, surface, or grid points.You can display the stress ratio for any kind of stress type. The current location is highlighted in the RFEM analytical model.
In addition to the result evaluation in tables, it is possible to display the stresses and stress ratios graphically in the RFEM work window. For this, you can adjust the colors and values assigned in the panel.
RF-LAMINATE | Input
It is necessary to select load cases, load combinations, and result combinations for the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design. After selecting the surfaces to be designed, you can define the relevant material model.
The structure of layers forming the basis for the stiffness calculation can vary. You can adjust the parameters defined by the selected material model according to your individual needs. The 3*3 matrix of the layers is modifiable as well. In this way, the RF-LAMINATE add-on module provides a completely free selection when generating the stiffnesses.
The limit stresses of each layer are defined by the selected material. It is possible to adjust the values by user-defined specifications.
RF-LAMINATE | Features
- General stress analysis
- Graphical and numerical results of stresses and stress ratios fully integrated in RFEM
- Flexible design with different layer compositions
- High efficiency due to few entries required
- Flexibility due to detailed setting options for calculation basis and extent
- Based on the selected material model and the layers contained, a local overall stiffness matrix of the surface in RFEM is generated. The following material models are available:
- Hybrid (for combinations of material models)
- Option to save frequently used layer structures in a database
- Determination of basic, shear and equivalent stresses
- In addition to the basic stresses, the required stresses according to the standard DIN EN 1995-1-1 and the interaction of those stresses are available as results.
- Stress analysis for structural parts of almost any shape
- Equivalent stresses calculated according to different approaches:
- Shape modification hypothesis (von Mises)
- Maximum shear stress theory (Tresca)
- Maximum principal stress criterion (Rankine)
- Principal strain criterion (Bach)
- Calculation of transversal shear stresses according to Mindlin, Kirchhoff, or user-defined specifications
- Serviceability limit state design by checking surface displacements
- User-defined specifications of limit deflections
- Possibility to consider layer coupling
- Detailed results including various stress components and ratios in tables and graphic
- Results of stresses for each layer in the model
- Parts list of designed surfaces
- Possible coupling of layers entirely without shear
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Powerful and Capable Software
“I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it.”