Aluminum Fabric Tensile Structure
Model to Download
Tensile fabric structure with supporting aluminum frame including design according the ADM 2020 design standard.
Model Used in
- Views 171x
- Downloads 68x
- Updated 20 January 2021
The Aluminum Design Manual (ADM) 2020 was released in February 2020. The ADM 2020 gives guidance for both the allowable strength design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD) for aluminum members to ensure reliability and safety for all aluminum structures.
Section of drawing with top view (top) and section through roof (bottom, © FHS Ingeniería Estructural Ltda.)
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- How can I define a material allowance at the edge of a cutting pattern?
- I have modeled a structure made of outer and inner cables as well as membranes, and get a message about instability or the error message "Jacobi matrix is not positive definite" in the RF‑FORM‑FINDING add-on module. What should I do?
- Why does the FE mesh of my conical membrane look like angular after the form-finding?
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?