Segment of Stadium Roof Made of Membranes
Model to Download
Model Used in
- Views 310x
- Downloads 38x
- Updated 21 February 2022
- Number of Nodes 13
- Number of Lines 21
- Number of Members 21
- Number of Surfaces 4
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 3
- Number of Load Combinations 14
- Number of Result Combinations 0
- Total Weight 28.751 t
- Dimensions 144,000 x 49,000 x 37,906 m
This article shows how to manage the input data for member and surface design configurations within the Stress-Strain Analysis add-on.
Form-Finding and Calculation of Membrane Structures in RFEM 6 | Thu, Feb 3, 2022 | 02:00 - 03:00 PM CET
Compared to the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module (RFEM 5), the following new features have been added to the Form-Finding add-on for RFEM 6:
- Specification of all form-finding load boundary conditions in one load case
- Storage of form-finding results as initial state for further model analysis
- Automatic assignment of the form-finding initial state via combination wizards to all load situations of a design situation
- Additionally form-finding geometry boundary conditions for members (unstressed length, maximum vertical sag, low-point vertical sag)
- Additional form-finding load boundary conditions for members (maximum force in member, minimum force in member, horizontal tension component, tension at i-end, tension at j-end, minimum tension at i-end, minimum tension at j-end)
- Material type "Fabric" and "Foil" in material library
- Parallel form-findings in one model
- Simulation of sequentially building form-finding states in connection with the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) Add-On
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF‑FORM‑FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures". What do I need for this?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?