Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
Design of Timber Columns According to EN 1995-1-1 (EC 5) or DIN 1052:2008-12
RX-TIMBER Column analyzes rectangular and circular timber columns according to the standard EN 1995‑1‑1 (EC 5) or DIN 1052‑2008. The stand‑alone program performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state designs as well as fire resistance designs.
- Design of the following column types:
- Hinged column, optionally with elastic restraint of head or footing
- Bracket, optionally with elastic restraint of footing
- Simple geometry input with illustrative graphics
- Extensive material library
- Allocation of the model to service classes and specification of service class categories
- Detailed settings of the fire resistance design
- Specification of limit deformation for the serviceability limit state design
- Determination of design criteria, support forces, and deformations
- Color reference scales in result tables
- For design according to EC 5 (EN 1995), the following National Annexes are available:
- BS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2009-10 (United Kingdom)
- ÖNORM B 1995-1-1:2015-06 (Austria)
- NBN EN 1995-1-1/ANB:2012-07 (Belgium)
- CSN EN 1995-1-1:2009-07 (Czech Republic)
- DK EN 1995-1-1/NA:2011-12 (Denmark)
- SFS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2007-11 (Finland)
- NF EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-05 (France)
- DIN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 (Germany)
- UNI EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Italy)
- NEN EN 1995-1-1/NB:2007-11 (Netherlands)
- PN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Poland)
- STN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2008-12 (Slovakia)
- SIST EN 1995-1-1/A101:2006-03 (Slovenia)
- SS EN 1995-1-1 (Sweden)
- Automatic generation of wind and snow loads
- Multiple optional reductions according to the selected standard
- Direct data export to MS Excel
- Program languages: English, German, Czech, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian
- Verifiable printout report with all required designs available in many languages, for example English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Polish, Portuguese, Dutch
- Direct import of stp files from various CAD programs
- Design of the following column types:
There are various options available for column modeling. Graphical representations facilitate the geometry input. Modifications are updated automatically. The relevant timber grade of the material can be selected from the material library. There are the strength classes of glulam, poplar and softwood timber available as defined in the respective standards.In addition, you can generate a strength class with user-defined material properties and thus extend the material library. The load cases entered can be checked graphically and combined automatically in load combinations.
In RX-TIMBER Column, the following calculation settings are available:
- Selection of the designs to be performed (ULS, SLS, fire resistance)
- Determination of displaying support forces and deformations
- Definition of parameters for fire resistance design according to the simplified method
After the calculation, the results of performed designs including all required intermediate values are displayed in clearly arranged result tables sorted by various criteria.
Since the program displays the intermediate values in detail, transparency of all designs is ensured. Furthermore, it is possible to display the distribution of internal forces for each x-location of the beam in a separate graphical window where you can display the deformations and the individual internal forces.
Designs with design details and selected result diagrams can be added in the printout report providing clearly arranged documentation. The printout report can include graphics, descriptions, drawings, and more. Moreover, it is possible to select which calculation data will be covered in the printout.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE (VAT excluded)
RX-TIMBER Column 2.xx
Customers who bought this product also bought
Design of Glued-Laminated Beams
Analysis and Design of Continuous Beams According to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Design of Three-Hinged Frames with Finger Joint Connections
Design of Coupled Purlins and Continuous Beams
Design of Stiffening Truss Bracings
Design of Timber Roofs