Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
3D Structural & BIM Software
3D Planning According to BIM
Structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software support planning according to the method of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
This is primarily achieved through the numerous interfaces for data exchange in RSTAB and RFEM.
DSTV - Product Interface for Steel Construction
- Bentley ProStructure
- Tekla Structures
- Intergraph Frameworks
- Advance Steel
and many other programs supporting the DSTV standard. The important thing is that the exchange file keeps the structural data. Besides the structural data, there is also the CAD data, which is used for the exchange between CAD systems.
The import as well as the export is based on the general scheme PSS_2000_04. Program-specific features are applicable in the CAD programs. When exporting for example to Cadwork a different scheme is used: DATA_SECTION_SCHEMA_3_98.
ExportIt is possible to export structural, load and results data. The export includes the following information:
- Member releases (without nonlinearities)
- Member eccentricities
- Members with all member types except for "Coupling" and "Dummy", the member type "Truss (only N)" becomes "Truss"
- Nodal supports (without nonlinearities)
- Member elastic foundations
- Sets of members
- All types of loads except for "Non-Uniform Temperature", "Precamber" and member loads that are not related to the principal axes of a cross-section, which has an impact especially on non-symmetrical cross-sections like L-sections.
- Imperfections, must be related to "Member Lists"
- Load cases
- Load groups
- Load combinations
- Internal forces
- Support forces
It is possible to import members, cross-sections, materials, supports and loads. The extent of the import options corresponds with the export options.
For further information on the DSTV interface, see the homepage of the German Steel Construction Association (DSTV).
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.