Structural Analysis Software & BIM
RFEM Interface to Nemetschek Allplan (*.asf)
With the file format ASF from Nemetschek, RFEM supports a popular CAD program. You have different export options to exchange data.
Import in RFEM
You can import one or more surfaces to RFEM by using IFC files. Structural data like nodes, lines or material are exported.
For example, floor plans can be exported as DXF and displayed as background layer in RFEM.
Export to Allplan
A reinforcement determined in RF-CONCRETE can be exported with an ASF file to Allplan. Allplan displays the reinforcement contours and FEA reinforcement color images.
If the surface contains reinforcement, the FEA reinforcement color images will be adjusted, i.e. the reinforcement values of the present reinforcement are substracted from the values of the required reinforcement.
With the Allplan2Dlubal plugin of the company Allbau Software GmbH, you can generate a plate member model automatically from the Allplan model to use it in the software from Dlubal.
Non-supporting elements are ignored (however, they can be considered as loads) and supporting elements are imported to RFEM as members and plates.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
"Good tool, half the job": This proverb could equally be applied to the software industry. The better a program is task-tailored, the more efficiently tasks can be solved.
- Reading and writing access to structural data, load case data, load and result combinations, and calculation results
- External control of calculation
- Possibility to open and edit available models or to create new models
- Access to all results such as deformations, internal forces, and support reactions
- Ability to intercept possible errors using error messages
- Access to control elements as well as results of the following programs:
- RF-/STEEL EC3
- RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam
- RF-/TIMBER Pro
- RF-/DYNAM Pro
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I am trying to import a model from cadwork. Unfortunately, I cannot correctly transfer the cross-sections from cadwork to RFEM. Do you have any tip?
- When importing a model directly from AutoCAD, the shape of the "spline" is sometimes incorrect.
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.