Structural Analysis Software & BIM
RFEM 6 Interfaces to Rhino & Grasshopper
Rhinoceros (short: Rhino) is software for the computer-aided modeling of any object (from a teapot to an entire building). Due to the specialization in NURBS curves and surfaces, there are no limits to the shapes.
In connection with the Grasshopper plugin, the structures can be parameterized as desired, using a clearly arranged, visual programming interface. This makes the product package especially attractive to architects and engineers.
The interfaces to Rhino and Grasshopper are implemented in RFEM 6 by default and can be installed subsequently, if necessary.
The development was carried out in cooperation with the planning office Bollinger+Grohmann and its responsible developer, Diego Apellániz. Based on the existing Parametric FEM Toolbox for RFEM 5, the interface was extended with new functions and it benefited from the knowledge and programming code from Bollinger+Grohmann.
This interface allows you to activate the Dlubal tab in Grasshopper. This includes three component groups (model data, loads, RFEM 6 import/export). The model data group allows you to add Dlubal-specific properties to lines, surfaces, and solids. You can also create materials, cross-sections, supports, hinges, and eccentricities.The load group includes the components for creating load cases and combinations, as well as load components for nodal, line, member, surface, and free polygon loads.
The last group covers the components for the import and export to RFEM.
- I have modeled a structure made of outer and inner cables as well as membranes, and get a message about instability or the error message "Jacobi matrix is not positive definite" in the RF‑FORM‑FINDING add-on module. What should I do?
- When defining my material, I get Warning No. 1136 and cannot continue working. How can I prevent this warning?
- How can I edit the list of parameters using the COM interface?
- How can I enable model add-ons when using WebService? How can I create a new model with add-ons enabled?
- I have a 3D model and try to split it up into "walls" and "surfaces" with the Building Model and to calculate them separately. However, my structural system becomes unstable then. What can be the reason?