3D Structural & BIM Software
Bentley ISM Interface
Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) connects all Bentley products and enables comprehensive data exchange scenarios for all products supporting the ISM standard.
The ISM interface in RFEM enables the exchange of models with the programs ProSteel, ProConcrete, STAAD.Pro and other applications by Bentley. This interface is bidirectional.
ISM Database with Viewer and 3D PDF Output
The ISM technology core piece is the ISM Viewer V8i, which is currently provided by Bentley for free. ISM allows all Dlubal Software programs to access the ISM database using the comprehensive API.
It is possible to enter the RFEM models directly to the ISM repository, which is accessible by all other applications using the ISM interface. The ISM Viewer visualizes those models and enables the analysis of the individual structural components.
In this way, you can also export surface elements such as walls and slabs or member elements with variable cross-sections to ProSteel and ProConcrete. An additional useful feature of the ISM Viewer is the possibility to create 3D PDF documents.
Revision Management in ISM
The ISM database can manage changes and updates of the model chronologically. For example, if a modified RFEM model is added to the ISM file, you can immediately see all changes, new structural elements, or deleted parts in the ISM Viewer.
You can decide which changes will be included the database, which gives you total control over what happens in the model. The revision management even allows you to rollback to a previous level of the model.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What options are there for exporting an existing project to Bentley ProStructures (ProSteel and ProConcrete) and STAAD.Pro? What do I have to do?
- Which interfaces are available for export?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RF‑COM?
- Is there an interface between LayPLAN by Layher and RSTAB/RFEM?
- Can I define nonlinear support conditions via the COM interface?
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?