Download a short brochure about the seamless BIM integration with Dlubal Software for structural engineering.
3D Structural & BIM Software
Integration in Tekla Structures
When planning a building or a construction, there are usually different individual models used for CAD and structural analysis. On one hand, these models may cause planning and transfer errors, and on the other hand, they require double effort.
Integrated interfaces between RFEM/RSTAB and Tekla Structures, which also uses the 64-bit operating system, prevent such problems. The direct connection between CAD and structural analysis ensures efficient and reliable planning.
Export to RFEM/RSTAB
Using the direct interface integrated in programs by Dlubal Software, you can easily transfer the analytical model of detailed structural systems from Tekla Structures to RFEM/RSTAB.
Analytical Model in Tekla Structures
A analytical model is automatically generated when designing the structure in Tekla Structures. This model can be exported to RFEM/RSTAB by clicking the corresponding button. Information about supports, releases, and loads that may be contained in the Tekla model is transferred as well. After the export, the structure is designed in the usual environment of RFEM/RSTAB. The analytical model is identical to the model manually created in RFEM/RSTAB.
Smart Design Objects
The data exchange keeps the 'intelligence' of the objects: It means a column or a beam is replaced by a similar object in RFEM, not only by a group of lines.
Once the structure and cross-sections has been calculated and designed, it is possible to retrieve the cross-section modifications from Tekla Structures in an analytical model and align them using a clear allocation of structural components. Moreover, the program checks if members have been removed or added. Connections entered in Tekla Structures are adjusted directly and automatically. New connections can be designed on the basis of the imported member end results.
In order to extend the options of the data exchange using the DSTV-STP files, it is possible to transfer the physical model from RFEM/RSTAB to Tekla Structures and vice versa.
Export to Tekla Structures
A model calculated and designed in RFEM/RSTAB can be exported directly to Tekla Structures, for example for detailing reasons.
Since columns and beams are often divided into individual connection nodes in structural analysis while the real member is made of "one piece", it is possible to define sets of members in order to create columns and beams in Tekla Structures. For a better overview, comments concerning the members and sets of members in RFEM/RSTAB can be written in the "Name" text box of Tekla Structures. Object properties (concerning nodes, for example) remain preserved in Tekla Structures as well.
Updating the Model
In the case of changes in structural planning, it is possible to use the direct interface to promptly update the Tekla model by adjusting the modified materials, coordinates, and cross-sections. Then you can remove the design elements that are no longer available and add new ones.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- Reading and writing access to structural data, load case data, load and result combinations, and calculation results
- External control of calculation
- Possibility to open and edit available models or to create new models
- Access to all results such as deformations, internal forces, and support reactions
- Ability to intercept possible errors using error messages
- Access to control elements as well as results of the following programs:
- RF-/STEEL EC3
- RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam
- RF-/TIMBER Pro
- RF-/DYNAM Pro
- Is direct import and export possible with Autocad?
- Is it possible to import CAD drawings to RFEM and to convert the drawing into an RFEM model?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I am trying to import a model from cadwork. Unfortunately, I cannot correctly transfer the cross-sections from cadwork to RFEM. Do you have any tip?
- When importing a model directly from AutoCAD, the shape of the "spline" is sometimes incorrect.
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?