3D Structural & BIM Software
The DXF file format is the most commonly used exchange program in computer-aided design (CAD). The following overview shows the exchange options using DXF, which are applicable for RFEM/RSTAB.
Lines can be imported as lines (RFEM) or as members. The names of layers are transferred as cross-section descriptions and the first material is assigned from the predefined materials. However, if the program recognizes a material or cross-section listed in the Dlubal database according to the layer name, these will be transferred as well.
Members are exported from RFEM/RSTAB as lines. The line layers include information concerning the cross-sections and materials used in the program. In addition to the entire model including FE mesh, it is possible to export the numbering managed by the navigator.
Another exchange option is to transfer the RFEM/RSTAB results as isolines in a DXF file. For this, you can directly select various elements such as isolines, FE mesh, values, and more.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I would like to export a result by using isolines or isobands and import them later again. Is it possible?
- I would like to obtain the reinforcement results (As,-z(top), As,+z(bottom), asw,V,stirrup) for a beam from my RFEM or RSTAB file and import them into AutoCAD. With the "Export" → "DXF" dialog box, I can only read out the geometry. Is there any option for this?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RF‑COM?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?
- Is there an interface between LayPLAN by Layher and RSTAB/RFEM?
- Can I define nonlinear support conditions via the COM interface?
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?