We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
KB 001615 | Options for considering accidental torsional effects according to standards
First Steps with RFEM
In order to consider inaccuracies regarding the position of masses in a response spectrum analysis, the standards for seismic design specify rules that have to be applied in both the simplified and the multimodal response spectrum analysis. These rules describe the following general procedure: The story mass must be shifted by a certain eccentricity, which results in a torsional moment.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Knowledge Base Articles
I-joists in Timber - Discussion of current design practice and implementation in structural analysis software
Disproportionate Collapse Prevention Analyses for Mid-rise Cross-laminated Timber Platform-type Buildings
Product Features Articles
Calculation with consideration of a damping ratio (or Lehr's damping) is not possible in the direct time step integrations. Instead, the Rayleigh damping coefficients must be specified by the user.
In technical literature, the given damping ratio for specific construction forms is in many cases only a rough approximation of the real damping ratios. In RF-/DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations, it is possible to use the value of damping ratio to determine the Rayleigh damping. This may occur at one or two natural angular frequencies defined by the user.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I would like to extend an existing structure with a false ceiling that is not connected to the existing columns. How can I model it?
- For line releases, I obtain the resultants in the horizontal direction, which I cannot understand.
- How can I display wind speeds at a certain height above the ground for a wind comfort analysis?
- Can I also use the wind load generator for open buildings?
- When evaluating the support reactions of a plate supported by line supports, I noticed that the support reaction pz' does not correspond to the shear force and deviates significantly. What is the reason?
- How is it possible to consider the real cross-section geometry of member elements in RWIND Simulation?
- What does the 'Activate Weld Design' option mean in the detailed settings of RF-/STEEL EC3?
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Why do I obtain different results for the same end plate joint in RF‑/JOINTS Steel - DSTV and RF‑/JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Can I also use RF‑SOILIN to calculate foundation bodies at different foundation heights in a model?