We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
TimberFever Competition | Rhino to RSTAB Export | Tutorial
First Steps with RFEM
This video is a tutorial on how to export a model from Rhino and import it into RSTAB for analysis and design.
00:00:00 Introduction/Rhino Export
00:03:26 RSTAB Import
00:04:26 General Data
00:05:17 RSTAB Overview
00:11:57 Model clean up
01:00:13 Member hinges
01:07:22 Load combinations
01:25:55 Timber CSA
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Using the RF-TIMBER CSA module, timber column design is possible according to the CSA O86 - 19 standard ASD method. The following article will verify the maximum critical buckling in RF-TIMBER CSA using step-by-step analytical equations per the CSA O86 - 19 standard.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is it possible to import effective lengths from RF‑STABILITY or RSBUCK in RF‑/TIMBER Pro?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I run the RX‑TIMBER Frame plugin? I did not find it in the Add-on Modules menu nor in Project Navigator - Data.
- I have a question about the results of the serviceability limit state design: How is the increment of the dead load by the factor 1.8 and the imposed load by 1.48 explained in the result combinations for the SLS design?
- Where can I adjust the effective length lef according to Table 6.1 of Eurocode 5 in the TIMBER Pro add-on module?
- Is it possible to display more values for the stress distribution over the layers in RF‑LAMINATE?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- How can I design dowel-laminated timber (DLT) or nail-laminated timber (NLT) in RFEM?
- Which Dlubal Software programs can I use to calculate and design timber structures?