We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
[DE] Wind simulation using RWIND Simulation and transfer of wind forces to RFEM or RSTAB
First Steps with RFEM
The program RWIND Simulation is a stand-alone program and exists in addition to the structural analysis program RFEM or RSTAB. Due to the basic assumption regarding the determination of wind loads for buildings with transfer of forces into the structural model, there is a native connection between the program RFEM or RSTAB and RWIND Simulation.
This relation allows you to export each RFEM or RSTAB model to the RWIND Simulation program via an interface application with definition of the wind load and to return wind loads to the surfaces of the elements after the calculation. At the same time, the RWIND Simulation program can also be used without RFEM or RSTAB.
Dlubal Knowledge Base RWIND Simulation Wind simulation Wind tunnel Wind flow Wind flow analysis Flow analysis Numerical wind tunnel OpenFOAM Shrink wrap Wind Load Generation Wind simulation software Digital wind tunnel CFD wind simulation program Determination of wind flows Wind effects on the building boundary layer Turbulence Vortex Building shape Current filament Dlubal KB Knowledge Base Technical Contribution
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Knowledge Base Articles
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- For a tapered member, I get the error message "Invalid (incompatible) arrangement ...". What can I do?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- How is the load distributed to the members in the angular axis method if members are excluded from the load application?