We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Modeling a Glass Railing | Recommendations for Input in RFEM
First Steps with RFEM
The architectural requirements for guard rails are still very high and railings usually require a high degree of transparency. Glass railings, where no other frame structure can be seen, represent a possibility for implementation.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Knowledge Base Articles
The architectural requirements for guard rails are still very high and railings usually require a high degree of transparency.
I-joists in Timber - Discussion of current design practice and implementation in structural analysis software
Disproportionate Collapse Prevention Analyses for Mid-rise Cross-laminated Timber Platform-type Buildings
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Which stresses are most important for glass design consideration when using RF-GLASS?
- I would like to extend an existing structure with a false ceiling that is not connected to the existing columns. How can I model it?
- For line releases, I obtain the resultants in the horizontal direction, which I cannot understand.
- Where can I find the details of a layer composition in the RF‑GLASS add-on module?
- How can I display wind speeds at a certain height above the ground for a wind comfort analysis?
- I would like to design a glass pane with temperature loads. In this case, a message appears saying that the load case includes the "temperature" surface loads types that are not transferred to the created temporary model. How can I consider the temperature loads?
- Is it possible to design a spherically curved glass pane in RF‑GLASS?
- In the calculation parameters of a load case or load combination, it is possible to activate various stiffness factors. What exactly is behind this?
- Are there any programs or add-on modules specially developed for glass structures?
- Can I also use the wind load generator for open buildings?