FAQ 003128 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- During the plausibility check, I get an error message saying that the surface opposite from the contact surface cannot be located. How can I fix this?
- How can I change the exponential display of the results to the display of integral numbers?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- In the global calculation parameters, the "Exceptional handling" option for members is grayed out and cannot be activated. What is the reason?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Is it possible to open an RSTAB file in RFEM and the other way round?
- How can I deactivate displaying symbols for the FE mesh refinement?
- What does the "Crack formation in the first 28 days" option means?
- I have recently purchased RSTAB with the CONCRETE add-on module. Can I use it to perform the stability analysis of reinforced concrete columns?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements