FAQ 003351 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- Is it possible to perform a detailed analysis of connections, supports, or reinforcements of cross‑laminated timber plates in RF‑LAMINATE?
- Does the RF‑LAMINATE program consider the shear correction factor for cross-laminated timber plates?
- In spite of having defined average regions, they are not considered in the design in RF‑LAMINATE Surfaces. Which setting did I overlook?
- Is it possible to create a second design case in RF‑LAMINATE?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- How is it possible to display the main support direction graphically in RF‑LAMINATE?
- Why is not the hook "without narrow side gluing" in the LAMINATE module set by default?
- How can I display the stiffness matrix of the surfaces of the RF-LAMINATE add-on module in the printout report?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Deflection analysis and stress design of laminate and sandwich surfaces