FAQ 004937 EN
- Knowledge Base | Differences Between the Analytical and Nonlinear Deformation Analysis of Reinforced Concrete
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
For the design of concrete surfaces, the rib component of the internal forces can be neglected for the ULS calculation and for the analytical method of SLS calculation, because this component is already considered in the member design. To this end, select the check box in the ‘Details’ dialog box. If no rib was defined, this function is not available.
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- Is it possible to design bidirectional ribbed plates, unidirectional ribbed plates, or hollow core slabs in RFEM?
- When determining internal forces in RFEM, I obtain compression axial forces that do not arise in the design internal forces in the design in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces. Why, what is the reason?
- Is it also possible to reduce the shear force on a support or perform design with the shear force at a distance d to the support in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- For design with CONCRETE NL, is the creep applied to the entire cross-section, or to the concrete compression zone only?
- When I create a user-defined result value, the RFEM solver window opens briefly and the calculation is apparently performed again. Why? I have already performed the calculation before.
- Can I design a reinforced concrete structure according to ÖNORM in RFEM?
- I am trying to verify RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces on the basis of the results of the example from the manual. Chapter 2.4.3 describes the determination of the statically required reinforcement. Unfortunately, I cannot create an example that exactly represents these results. Can you send me the corresponding example?
- When designing a plate, I get different reinforcements in different load situations with the same bending stress. Why?
- Regarding a nonlinear analysis of reinforced concrete, is there any feature in the program that increases the load until failure? Or is there any way how to describe the load increment until failure?
- How can I design a ribbed plate in state II with RF‑CONCRETE NL and use the stiffness export from the add-on modules for this?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)