FE Mesh Refinement
Can’t find the answer to your question? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum or send us your question directly through our online form.Submit Individual Question
In accordance with Sect. 184.108.40.206.1 and Sect. 10.14.1.2 out of the ACI 318-19 and CSA A23.3-19 respectively, RFEM effectively takes into consideration concrete member and surface stiffness reduction for various element types.
The calculation is now optimized utilizing a multi-core processor technology. It enables parallel calculations of linear load cases and load combinations by several processors without additional demands on the RAM: The stiffness matrix has to be created only once. Thus, even large systems can be calculated with the fast direct solver.
For models where many load combinations have to be calculated, several solvers (one per core) are started in parallel. Each solver then calculates a load combination. This leads to a better utilization of the cores.
The development of the deformation is displayed in a diagram during the calculation. This allows for good assessment of the convergence behavior.
- Is it possible to import the coordinates of another point?
- Is it possible to display the deformation analysis of a surface (limit 0.5‰)?
- In RFEM 6, I am looking for the line releases known from RFEM 5. Are they no longer available in RFEM 6?
- Where in RFEM 6 can I set that the stresses within the elements should be displayed constantly?
- Where can I enter average regions or surface result adjustments in RFEM 6?
- Is it possible to design single-layer reinforced surfaces with RFEM 6?
- Can I switch the required reinforcement in the result tables from "mesh nodes" to "grid points?"
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?