Features of RF-STEEL Surfaces (available in RFEM only)
- Determination of principal and basic stresses, membrane and shear stresses as well as equivalent stresses and equivalent membrane stresses
- Stress analysis for structural parts of almost any shape
- Equivalent stresses calculated according to different approaches:
- Shape modification hypothesis (von Mises)
- Maximum shear stress criterion (Tresca)
- Maximum principal stress criterion (Rankine)
- Principal strain criterion (Bach)
- Optional optimization of surface thicknesses and data transfer to RFEM
- Serviceability limit state design by checking surface displacements
- Detailed results of individual stress components and ratios in tables and graphics
- Filter function for surfaces, lines, and nodes in tables
- Transversal shear stresses according to Mindlin, Kirchhoff, or user-defined specifications
- Parts list of designed surfaces
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.