- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Useful Program Features
Dlubal Software programs and add-on modules include a wide range of powerful features.
Since our software is subject to continuous development, we are constantly adding new features. In doing so, we also take account of our customers' wishes.
Why Dlubal Software?
RFEM provides the option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane-Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic-nonlinearly elastic 2D / 3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D / 3D" (add-on module RF-MAT NL required).
This functionality allows you to simulate the nonlinear strain behavior of z. Eg ETFE films.
RF-MAT NL provides the following material models:
Isotropic Plastic 1D/2D/3D and Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 1D/2D/3D
You can select three different definition types here:
- Basic (definition of the equivalent stress under which the material plastifies)
- Bilinear (definition of the equivalent stress and strain hardening modulus)
- Definition of polygonal stress-strain diagram
- Option to save / import the diagram
- Interface with MS Excel
Orthotropic Plastic 2D/3D (Tsai-Wu 2D/3D)
This material model allows the definition of material properties (modulus of elasticity, shear modulus, Poisson's ratio) and ultimate strengths (tension, compression, shear) in two or three axes.
Isotropic Masonry 2D
It is possible to specify the limit tension stresses σx,limit and σy,limit as well as the hardening factor CH.
Isotropic Damage 2D/3D
This material model allows for a definition of asymmetric stress‑strain diagrams. The E modulus is calculated by Ei = (σi-σi-1) / (εi-εi-1) in each step of the stress-strain diagram.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Powerful and Capable Software
“I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it.”