New Nursery School Building in the Les Sablons District, Le Mans, France
This single-story, 11,840 ft² nursery school accommodates up to 70 children. The building property is also surrounded by playgrounds and other green spaces.
City of Le Mans
|Structural Analysis & Design||
The local political desire was to use sustainable materials for the new building. The district residents voted for a green roof to be included in the project.
The engineering office of ARTEMIS INGENIEUR assisted the project management team in the building design phases, including preliminary design, final design, project planning, and construction documents. ARTEMIS INGENIEUR designed the structure, including the lateral bracing and sizing of the building elements.
The exterior façades consist of timber panel walls. The interior load-bearing walls are designed with CLT panels.
The framework includes double glued laminated tapered beams, which support the green roof and multiple photovoltaic panels.
The structure was analyzed for ULS, SLS, and earthquake (low level of seismicity). The RF-DYNAM Pro add-on module for RFEM was used to perform a modal analysis and generate equivalent seismic loads.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Design Project of the Family House P+P+2K Made from Cross-laminated Timber (CLT) and the BIM of the House
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member models