Tennis Court Tension Membrane Roof in Belin-Béliet, France
The Belin-Béliet (department of Gironde) municipality tennis club, founded in 1976, completed a new tennis hall in July 2019. This project was made possible due to a subsidy provided by the French Tennis Federation along with the support of the municipality.
Tennis club Belin-Béliet, France
|Construction Management||Architectural office of Bruno Amblard, Saint-Magne, France|
|Concept and Realization||
ACS Production, Montoir de Bretagne, France
Modelfaçade cladding, etc.).
Technical Project DetailsThe roof includes a double curvature textile cover supported by a timber arch substructure. The roof membrane has a separate module for each panel. The fabric is inserted into aluminum sections which are further attached to timber rafters. Tensioning is carried out by the metallic tensioning arches and a cable at one end. The continuous membranes at the façade are fixed at the perimeter in plate-shaped grooved sections, and the canvas is fixed to the intermediate columns to prevent displacement.
Project LocationRue du Stade
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Plate Buckling Analysis for Plates with or Without Stiffeners According to 1993-1-5
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures
Generation of cutting patterns for tensile membrane structures
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members