Membrane Structures with Wind Loads from CFD Wind Simulation
Information about Free Webinar
This webinar demonstrates how wind loads can be determined in RFEM for membrane structures by means of CFD wind simulations.
Date | Time
Webinar | Membrane Structures with Wind Loads From CFD Wind Simulation
|04:00||Modeling of a grandstand roof including loading (dead load, snow)|
|46:40||Wind load generation based on CFD|
|55:00||Combination of loadings|
|1:03:20||Stability analysis in RF-STABILITY|
|1:07:20||Designing members in RF-STEEL EC3|
|1:10:10||Consideration of additional objects influencing the wind flow|
Presentation Model to DownloadBelow, under Models to Download, you will find the model(s) used in the webinar. This will allow you to independently follow the webinar step by step with the provided model after the presentation is complete.
- Presentation slides of the webinar "Membrane Structures with Wind Loads From CFD Wind Simulation" (PDF)
- Model of a staircase in the format VTP for consideration in RWIND Simulation
- Analysis & Design Software for Tensile Membrane Structures
- Software for Form-Finding and Cutting Patterns of Membrane Structures
- Software for Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation on Structures
- Product Description | RWIND Simulation - Wind Simulation (Wind Tunnel)
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
This paper is focused on the specific aspects of designing membrane structures which have specific requirements such as form-finding and cutting patterns generation. These topics are the focus of many research works and there are many methods proposed to achieve the desired results. However, in this paper these issues will be discussed more from the practical point of view than from the theoretical one. The paper will be followed by examples, which will complement the discussed topic and show the special attention required during the design process.
In RFEM, there is an option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 2D/3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D/3D" (RF-MAT NL add-on module required).
This functionality enables the simulation of the nonlinear strain behavior of, for example, ETFE foils.
- Is it possible to also design membrane structures in RFEM?
- Is it possible to analyze the effects of an hermetically sealed object with RFEM?
- How do I activate form-finding of a membrane surface?
- How do I create neighboring building and terrain models for the numerical flow simulation in RWIND Simulation?
- How can I influence the sag of the found shape in RF‑FORM‑FINDING?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Stand-alone program for numerical simulations of wind flow around buildings or any other objects. The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported into RFEM / RSTAB programs for static and dynamic analysis.
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures