Membrane Structures with Wind Loads From CFD Wind Simulation
Information about the Free Webinar
This webinar demonstrates how wind loads can be determined in RFEM for membrane structures by means of CFD wind simulations.
Date | Time
Webinar | Membrane Structures with Wind Loads From CFD Wind Simulation
|04:00||Modeling of a grandstand roof including loads (self-weight, snow)|
|46:40||Wind load generation based on CFD|
|55:00||Combination of loads|
|1:03:20||Stability analysis in RF-STABILITY|
|1:07:20||Member design in RF-STEEL EC3|
|1:10:10||Consideration of additional objects that have an influence on the wind flow|
Presentation Model to DownloadBelow, under Models to Download, you will find the model(s) used in the webinar. This will allow you to independently follow the webinar step by step with the provided model after the presentation is complete.
- Presentation slides of the webinar "Membrane Structures with Wind Loads From CFD Wind Simulation" (PDF)
- Model of a staircase in the format VTP for consideration in RWIND Simulation
- Download Recorded Webinar
- Analysis & Design Software for Tensile Membrane Structures
- Software for Form-Finding and Cutting Patterns of Membrane Structures
- Software for Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation on Structures
- Product Description | RWIND Simulation - Wind Simulation (Wind Tunnel)
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
This paper is focused on the specific aspects of designing membrane structures that have specific requirements, such as form-finding and cutting pattern generation. These topics are the focus of many research works, and many methods have been proposed to achieve the desired results. However, in this paper these issues will be discussed more from a practical than a theoretical point of view. The paper will be followed by examples that will complement the topic under discussion and show the special attention required during the design process.
Tensile Membrane Structures and CFD Wind Load Simulation | Wednesday 8 April 2020 | 2.00 PM - 3.00 PM EDT
Membrane Roof and Cable Net Structures, Deformation Animation in RFEM with RF-FORM-FINDING Add-on Module.
In RFEM, there is an option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 2D/3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D/3D" (RF-MAT NL add-on module required).
This functionality enables the simulation of the nonlinear strain behavior of, for example, ETFE foils.
- Is it possible to also design membrane structures in RFEM?
- Is it possible to analyze the effects of an hermetically sealed object with RFEM?
- How do I activate form-finding of a membrane surface?
- How can I influence the sag of the found shape in RF‑FORM‑FINDING?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
Nonlinear dynamic analysis to external excitations