Tuned Mass Damper
The tuned mass dampers can be used to eliminate the resonance frequency of buildings. Such a vibration damper is used in one of the highest skyscrapers in the world, the 'Taipei 101'. The oscillation of the sphere counteracts the oscillation of the building.
Model Used in
SHAPE-THIN Table "6.2 Classification of the Cross-Section According to EN 1993-1" and Stress Diagram
- Combination of user-defined time diagrams with load cases or combinations (nodal, member and surface loads as well as free and generated loads can be combined with functions varying over time)
- Combination of several independent excitation functions
- Extensive library of seismic events (accelerograms)
- Linear implicit Newmark analysis or modal analysis in time history
- Structural damping using Raleigh damping coefficients or Lehr's damping
- Direct import of initial deformations from a load case or combination
- Graphical display of results in a time history diagram
- Export of results in user-defined time steps or as an envelope
- In which directions do the member types "Spring" and "Dashpot" have the stiffness?
- How do you distinguish between the response spectra with equivalent loads and the response spectra without equivalent loads in RFEM and RSTAB?
- Is it possible to display or export certain results over a period of time from the time history calculation in RF‑DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations?
- Why do I get large differences for the design of a longitudinally stiffened buckling panel in comparison with the German and Austrian National Annex?
- How can I perform the stability analysis in RF‑/STEEL EC3 for a flat bar supported on edges, such as 100/5? Although the cross-section is rotated by 90° in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed as lying flat in RF‑/STEEL EC3.
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How are hot-dip galvanized components considered for fire resistance in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module?
- How is the rotational stiffness of a buckling stiffener determined in PLATE‑BUCKLING?
- In RF-/STEEL EC3, is the "Elastic design (also for cross-section class 1 and 2)" option under "Details → Ultimate Limit State" considered for the stability analysis when activated?