Model to Download
This technical article deals with the structural component and cross-section checks of a welded truss girder in the ultimate limit state. Furthermore, the deformation analysis in the serviceability limit state is described.
Model Used in
- Views 254x
- Downloads 50x
- Updated 18 January 2021
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
How can I perform the stability analysis for an edgewise supported flat steel, for example 100/5, in RF-/STEEL EC3?
Although the cross-section is rotated by 90 ° in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed lying flat in RF-/STEEL EC3.
- How are the signs to be interpreted for the releases, results of line releases and line hinges?
- How can I create a curved or curved section?
- How is the rotational stiffness of a buckling stiffener determined in FE-BUCKLING?
- How are hot -dip galvanized components considered for fire protection in the Steel EC 3 add -on module?
- In RF-/STEEL EC3, is the "Elastic design (also for cross-section class 1 and 2)" option under "Details → Ultimate Limit State" considered for the stability analysis when activated?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I create a drilled beam in RFEM?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, that is, the design against pulling out the column?