Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- Which filter settings should be selected in the material library for concrete in order to perform design in RF‑CONCRETE according to the Swedish National Annex? In RFEM, there is no Swedish standard group available for the selection.
- I have analyzed two models of an inclined bored pile as a support with defined spring stiffness. A surface that can be moved horizontally (globally) is used for the force transmission. The bored pile in Model A is a support inclined by 15° with a spring stiffness of 2,000 kN/m in the axial direction. The bored pile of Model B is a support with the defined spring stiffnesses, divided into the respective horizontal and vertical components. The value of the spring stiffness is always the same (2,000 kN/m). In my opinion, both models are equivalent. Why are there different results in the deformation anyway?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber reinforced concrete with the structural analysis program RFEM?
- How can I increase the maximum number of iterations in RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions