FAQ 003499 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
General thin -walled cross -sections often have asymmetrical geometries. The principal axes of such cross -sections are then not parallel to the horizontally and vertically aligned axes Y and Z. The function "Transform principal axes so that Iu (major axis) is always greater than Iv (minor axis)" allows you to determine the position of the principal axes to match the input.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- I have bought a new computer. How can I use my softlock license on it?
- After installing SHAPE-THIN, I receive Error 1000: Error in Material Library. How do I resolve this?
- How do I install the network license (NET softlock) on the server?
- After calculating the cross-section data, an ellipse is displayed in the cross-section. In addition to the coordinate system, there are wide lines displayed above the x- and y-axis. Which displays are we talking about here? How can I deactivate it?
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- In which drawing plane must a cross-section be drawn in a CAD application so that it can be imported into SHAPE‑THIN using the dxf import?
- The installation of a Dlubal Software program is not possible due to the following message: "Program unsafe, protection by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen." How can I install the program?
- I get the following message when starting all installed Dlubal programs (also when running as administrator): "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)." What can I do?
- In SHAPE‑THIN, I get the error message saying that the material library cannot be opened. I have reinstalled the program and integrated the material library of another computer, but without any success. What should I do?
- The calculation of a file runs smoothly for my colleagues, but I get the message "Calculation stopped" for the same file. What should I do?