FAQ 004298 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
With the RF-/TIMBER Pro add-on module, you can perform the vibration analysis known from DIN 1052 for the design according to EN 1995-1-1. In this analysis, the deflection under permanent and quasi-permanent action at the ideal one‑span beam may not exceed the limit value (6 mm, according to DIN 1052). If you consider the relationship between natural frequency and deflection for a hinged single-span beam loaded with a constant distributed load, the 6 mm result in a minimum natural frequency of about 7.2 Hz.
Result of Eigenvalue Analysis for Single-Span Beam With Lateral and Torsional Restraint without Intermediate Supports
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- I have selected all members available for design in RF‑/TIMBER Pro. Why are the tapered members not designed?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get Error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- Can I consider a reduction of the stiffness according to the German regulation NCI NA.5.9 in TIMBER Pro?
- After the design with RF‑/TIMBER Pro, I optimized a cross-section. Why is the utilization of the optimized cross-section exceeded now?
- Where can I adjust the effective length lef according to Table 6.1 of Eurocode 5 in the TIMBER Pro add-on module?
- How can I perform a stability analysis for a tapered member?
- I have defined a notch on a support. Why is it not taken into account for the reduction factor kv?