Result Diagram Result Combination Min/Max
Unable to find the answer to your question? Contact us via phone, email, chat or forum or send us your question directly through our online form.Submit Individual Question
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
- I would like to enter a large spring constant. Is this possible?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I would like to define a line support with ineffective tension and apply the tension force on this line using a nodal support instead. Why does the line support still receive a tension force?
- How can I display the internal forces in the global coordinate system and not in the principal coordinate system of the cross-section?
- I am designing a set of members using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment".What could be the reason?
- Does the program check the lap length of the vertical stirrups of a block foundation with smooth bucket sides?
- A single-span beam consisting of several apparently straight members receives small torsional moments in the load case of "dead load". Why?
- When comparing RF‑CONCRETE Columns with another design software, I get different results. How can the differences be explained?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
The design criterion for VEd/VRd,c is displayed as governing, although there should be a shear reinforcement designed. Also, the design of VEd/VRds is missing. Why?