Omission of Support Forces in Single Foundation Design
When modeling structural bearing systems, especially hall structures, some substructures of a foundation with no influence on the rising structure are not modeled in RFEM/RSTAB. In the case of hall structures, these are, for example, reinforced concrete floor slabs, strip foundations, and the ties between column foundations.
However, these structures include support components that are output as support forces in the nodal supports in the structural analysis. When dimensioning single foundations according to Eurocode 2 and Eurocode 7 using RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro, the support components included due to non‑modeled substructures should not be taken into account. The given example shows the omission of the horizontal force in a node support that is absorbed by a tie (deactivation of tension forces) or by a reinforced concrete strip foundation (deactivation of compressive forces) between the single foundations.
For these cases, RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro allows you to deactivate the particular support forces individually in the foundation design.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Alexander Meierhofer
Head of Product Engineering Concrete & Customer Support
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Distribution of Vertical Soil Stresses and Related Settlement under Uniformly Distributed Load from 
- Does the program check the lap length of the vertical stirrups of a block foundation with smooth bucket sides?
- Does RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro work independently, without the main program?
- How is the static depth d calculated in the bending design of block foundations (calculation as equivalent beams)?
- Is it also possible to perform the crack width analysis according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Section 7.3, in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Can I design a reinforced concrete structure according to ÖNORM in RFEM?
- Can I use RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces to determine the steel mass for the inserted reinforcement?
- I cannot open the dialog box for entering the soil profile in FOUNDATION Pro anymore. Why?
- Where on the foundation is the load applied in the design with FOUNDATION Pro?
- What is the difference between the add-on modules RF‑/FOUNDATION and RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- In RF‑FOUNDATION Pro, I get Error Message No. 30195. What can I do?