Failing Support Conditions for Contact Surfaces
In order to create a surface model with failing supports close to reality, an option called "Failure if contact perpendicular to surfaces failed" is available in RFEM 5 for contact solids under "Contact Parallel to Surfaces".
Thus, the "Wobbling" load case of the modeled chair can be represented close to reality.
Since the chair legs are represented as members, it is possible and reasonable to use a model with a nodal support. This nonlinearity ("Failure of all, if PZ' negative" in this case) is also available in RFEM 5 and RSTAB 8.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Frank Sonntag, M.Sc.
Sales & Customer Support
Mr. Sonntag coordinates the Dlubal Software office in Leipzig and is responsible for sales and customer support.
Do you have further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, or chat or find suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page available 24/7.
Blast loads from high energy explosives, either accidental or intentional, are rare but may be a structural design requirement.
Locally Supported Reinforced Concrete Slab Covering Underground Garages - Surface Calculation Variant
Locally Supported Reinforced Concrete Slab Covering Underground Garages - Calculation Option with 2D Equivalent Frame
Comparing and Evaluating Commercially Available Software for Structural Analysis and Design of Structures and Structural Components
I-Joists in Timber - Discussion of Current Design Practise and Implementation in Structural Analysis Software
The number of degrees of freedom in a node is no longer a global calculation parameter in RFEM (6 degrees of freedom for each mesh node in 3D models, 7 degrees of freedom for the warping torsion analysis). Thus, each node is generally considered with a different number of degrees of freedom, which leads to a variable number of equations in the calculation.
This modification speeds up the calculation, especially for models where a significant reduction of the system could be achieved (e.g. trusses and membrane structures).
- Is the German National Annex 2021‑07 to Eurocode 8 available in RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8?
How can I permanently save the parameters in the "Units and Decimal Places" dialog box?
- I have deactivated objects by load case. Why are they still considered in the calculation in the corresponding load case?
- Can I export a response spectrum from RFEM 6 and use it in RFEM 5, for example?
- What is the maximum number of reinforcement groups that can be created in a design case in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- I would like to enter a large spring constant. Is it possible?
- How can I update the graphics driver, and where do I find the current driver versions?
- How can I display the internal forces of a coupling member or rigid member?
- I have activated values on surfaces in grid points, but only get the extreme values displayed. How can I display all values in all grid points as desired?
- How do I get the current authorization file for RFEM 5, RSTAB 8 and other stand-alone programs?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements